Life Admin Hub  ›  Tax  ›  Individual Tax Tips  ›  Bartender


Work-related uniform

Work-related clothing is deductible if you need to purchase a company uniform or do your own laundry. Unfortunately, the black trousers and white shirt that your boss makes you wear is not – the ATO thinks you may want to wear that outside of work! We don’t make up the rules.

Courses and education

Even if you are not a trainee you are still entitled to claim any self-education expenses you incur for your job including RSA.

Tools of trade are deductible though generally the purchase of alcohol still hasn’t made it to that list!


If like many you have helped people all year round this it will help you as donations to a DGR are tax deductible. It definitely pays to help others!

Accounting fees

So why do it yourself when your accounting fees are tax deductible and don’t forget you can even claim the travel to see us!

Also don’t forget Private Health Insurance and Income Protection (Yes you can get insurance to protect your income!)