Life Admin Hub  ›  Tax  ›  Individual Tax Tips  ›  Nurse


Work-related travel

Motor vehicle is deductible if you need to travel between locations.

Work-related travel that you pay for to go to PD Days, conferences, training etc. can also be claimed including accommodation and sometimes meals.

Work-related uniform

Work-related clothing is deductible if you need to purchase a uniform or do your own laundry.

Courses and education

Even if you are not a student nurse, you are still entitled to claim any self-education expenses you incur for your job.

Union or association fees are tax-deductible.

Working from home along with laptops and mobiles etc. can also be claimed. We all know work doesn’t stay at work anymore.


You have helped people all year round, this is when it will help you! Donations to a DGR are tax-deductible. It definitely pays to help others!

Accounting fees

So why do it yourself when your accounting fees are tax-deductible and don’t forget you can even claim the travel to see us!

Also, don’t forget Private Health Insurance and Income Protection (Yes you can get insurance to protect your income!)