Life Admin Hub  ›  Tax  ›  What documentation do I need to lodge my Tax Return?

What documentation do I need to lodge my Tax Return?

Here’s what you’ll need to get started with your 2022 Tax Return

Lodging your online Tax Return with One Click Life is now very easy with our simple and straightforward process. Not to mention very convenient — you could even do it from your couch. Here’s a list of the 3 forms of documentation you’ll need, and where to find them:

Tax File Number (TFN)

If you already have a TFN and don’t remember the number, you can find it online in ATO online services via your myGov account.

  • your income tax notice of assessment, if you have lodged a Tax Return
  • letters you have received from the ATO, such as a statement of account
  • a payment summary or income statement (provided by your employer)
  • your superannuation account statement.

If you still having trouble finding your Tax File Number after checking these options, you can phone the ATO on 13 28 61

Bank Account Details

Where can I find my Bank Account details?

We recommend logging into your online banking to find your BSB and account number. Alternatively, please call your bank for further information.


Why must I verify my photo ID?

There have been new ATO regulations that require tax agents to verify all clients ID. Thus, to protect your potential refund, we are required to ensure that it is you who is lodging your Tax Return, and that you get your refund.

What if I do not have any photo ID?

No worries, you can upload any 2 of the substitute documents that are listed on the site, which includes bank statements, Medicare card or state issued letters.

Once you’ve got your TFN, Bank account details & ID good to go, LOG IN or Register an account & get your Tax Return done today!

Click here to see our Step-by-Step instructions on ‘How-to Tax’

If you have any problems or questions, give us a call on 1300 707 117 or send us an email at [email protected] and our Numbers Geeks will be happy to help!

Image credit –